Nice graphic novel. Saved the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (has coconut!).
I love biscuits. If I see them on a menu, I’ll buy them.
Scoop Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups (240g; 10oz) AP
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp (57g; 2oz) cold butter, cut into cubes, plus 2 tbsp (28g; 1oz) butter, melted, for brushing
- 1-1/2 cups (12oz) cold buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Butter one cake round with butter. Add 1/2 cup flour to another cake round for biscuit prep.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Scatter butter cubes over flour mixture, smashing and smearing butter with a fork.
- Add buttermilk and mix with rubber spatula, folding several times, until just incorporated.
- Using a 1/4-cup (#60) scoop, scoop dough into floured cake round. Dust top of dough with flour and form into a rough ball. Shake off excess flour and place in buttered cake round. Repeat. You’ll get 12-13 biscuits.
- Brush dough with melted butter and bake for five minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 450 and bake 15-16 minutes longer. Cool in pan for 2 minutes and then invert onto plate.