- Realize that other people’s rudeness is not about you. When someone is rude, it’s likely to be a reflection of their own issues.
- Ask yourself what else the comment or behavior might mean. For example, if someone doesn’t smile or say hello, they might be shy.
- Take comments or criticism in a constructive way. Ask yourself if there’s any truth to it, and what you can learn.
- Take a different perspective. Ask yourself how an unbiased outsider would see the situation.
- Realize that you can’t please everyone.
- Know that you’re not defined by your mistakes or criticism.
- Realize that your self-worth depends on you. It does not depend on what others say about you.